Focus On Yourself, Not Others. Motivational Words. Credit Ben Lionel Scott.
I don't know what the secret of success is, but here's what I know: the secret of failure is trying to please everybody.
You can be world-class or fit in with the world, but you can't do both.
If you want to achieve the results that only five percent of the population has, you've got to be willing to think and behave like only five percent of the population.
And if you do these kinds of things, the world will call you eccentric, but it doesn't matter.
If people call you crazy, it's one of the things limiting you from your income, your impact, and a world-class life.
You care too much about what people think about you.
Sounds really obvious – everyone has an opinion.
Why let the opinions of other people deny you a life that will make history?
Why are you so anti-social? Because I'm trying to get it.
Why are you staying on the basketball court so much?
Because I'm trying to get it. Why are you out there practicing in the hot sun when nobody else is?
Because I'm trying to get it.
Why are you not clubbing and having fun like others?
Because I'm trying to get it.
You ain't doing anything, and for those of us who get up and go out, you've got something to say about how we're doing it.
Stop talking, and I'll keep working. You keep focusing on everyone else, and I'll keep working.
And when you finally look around at where you are and where I'm at, you'll realize that you have nothing left to talk smack about, that you will lose, and I will win.
You don't have time to worry about anybody else's course because it's gonna take all your energy, all of your intentions, all of your fervency, all of your willpower within you to keep yourself on track.
That's why it's important for you to work on yourself, listening to tapes, building yourself up, talking to yourself with power, feeling and conviction day in and day out.
You've got to focus on you and convince yourself every day that you've got what it takes.
It's grind season, homie. It's not about today; it's about the future.
Do the work now, and everything you want for your family, kids, and loved ones will be on a whole another stratosphere.
It's up to you; if it's gonna happen, it's not about the failures, the disappointments, the mistakes, what you don't have, or who doesn't approve of you.
All that's insignificant. Your life is in your hands, and you have the power to turn it around.
You've got the power to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. You've got the power to be daring, and it's on you to be decisive about your life."

Comments
Post a Comment